From Cancer Schmancer
10. HELP BUILD A MOVEMENT –One of the best and simplest ways to help expand the Cancer Schmancer Movement is by becoming a spokesperson for it. Help spread the message about our mission of education, legislation, and social reform by posting links on your personal blogs, social networking sites, and public forums to us through
9. BECOME AN ADVOCATE – Urge your friends, family, sorority, PTA and other community organizations to Sign up to become Cancer Schmancer members so they can receive monthly e-newsletters and action alerts from the Cancer Schmancer Movement. Also, remind them to visit our Take Action Now page and our Legislative Center to learn about current national legislative initiatives that the Cancer Schmancer Movement believes will improve women’s cancer health care in the United States.
8. SPREAD THE GIFT OF KNOWLEDGE – Go beyond the dreaded email forwards by posting this simple cheat sheet about the early warning signs of women’s cancers in newsletters, on community bulletin boards, your personal blogs, and social networking sites. You can even stick it into birthday cards and holiday cards or print mini versions to use as gift tags. The sky is the limit, so get creative. You may just save a life.
7. DONATE – Searching for the perfect birthday present, wedding gift, or holiday gift? Make a charitable contribution in honor of your loved one! If you’re hosting a party or special event, ask your guests to donate to the charity of your choice – Cancer Schmancer – in lieu of bringing you gifts. Donate to the Cancer Schmancer Movement or purchase merchandise from our online store, proceeds of which help us educate more women and advocate for improved women’s cancer health care.
6. HOST A CANCER SCHMANCER TEA PARTY – There are Tupperware parties, wine tasting parties, home and garden parties, and even lingerie parties! What about inviting over your friends for a Cancer Schmancer tea party? Purchase the Cancer Schmancer Tea Party DVD from our Online Store, invite the girls over, make some tea, sit back and relax as you watch this entertaining, heartwarming, and educational video together. The person’s life you save may be right on the couch next to you.
5. RUN OR WALK FOR STAGE 1 DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER – Show your support by creating a Cancer Schmancer team at your local cancer walk. Purchase t-shirts from our Online Store and wear them that day. You’ll have everyone coming up to you, saying, “Cancer Schmancer!”
4. TALK TO YOUR DOCTORS – Ever sit in your doctor’s reception area, waiting for your appointment and there’s nothing else to do other than read 8 month old magazines and twiddle your thumbs? Encourage your general practitioner and gynecologist to support the Cancer Schmancer Movement by airing the Cancer Schmancer Tea Party DVD in the waiting room. By watching the DVD, their patients can learn how to take control of their bodies, learn the early warning signs of various cancers, become better partners with their physicians, and transform from patients into medical consumers.
3. GET YOUR COMPANY INVOLVED – Women make up 50% of the US workforce and since you will spend nearly 1/3 of your lifetime working, it’s important to get your company on board with ensuring their employees live long and healthy lives. Here are two easy ways you can partner with your workplace to support the Cancer Schmancer mission:
- Employee Giving – Contact your Human Resources department to set up an employee giving program, dedicating a portion of each paycheck to the Cancer Schmancer Movement. Your contributions can have double the impact if your company commits to a employee matching program.
- Company Sponsorship – Encourage your workplace to provide financial support to either Cancer Schmancer Movement’s education or advocacy program. To be more active, your company can host and underwrite a Cancer Schmancer fundraising event. For more information, contact our staff at email@example.com or call 888-621-2001 ext. 621.
For more ideas on how to get your company involved, click .
2. HOST A SPECIAL EVENT – To make this a million member movement, we must get communities across the United States on board with in the Cancer Schmancer mission. Here’s three examples you can get your town involved:
- Fashion Show – Organize a dinner/dance and get your local clothing designers and boutiques to model their season’s latest fashion line. Collect admission prices and ask the designers to donate a portion of their sales from the evening to the Cancer Schmancer Movement. Together, you can all take the stage for Stage 1 diagnosis.
- Women’s Day – Although International Women’s Day takes place on March 8th, there’s always a reason to celebrate women any day of the year! Plan a day to get women of all ages in your community to come together and learn about early diagnosis of cancer, and how they can stay healthy. Set up a computer where participants can
firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Program Coordinator at 888-621-2001 ext. 624 for free brochures and bulk discount rates on DVDs.
- Participate in a Town Hall Meeting – Utilize the opportunity to voice your opinion about women’s cancer healthcare during your next town’s meeting. Bring a few friends and let your elected officials know they are answerable to their voting records and our needs as women can no longer be dismissed.
Click for additional fundraising, education, and advocacy events you can organize.
1. START A CANCER SCHMANCER CLUB IN YOUR TOWN – Lock elbows with community members to help us create a grass-root campaign focusing on education, legislation, and social reform. If you want to see late stage diagnosis of cancer become a thing of the past, start your own Cancer Schmancer Club. Contact our Program Coordinator at 888-621-2001 ext. 624 to find out more!
*Talk to us! We want to know your thoughts and ideas about how we can improve to further our mission of improving women’s healthcare. E-mail us at email@example.com or give us a call at 888-621-2001.*
Five minutes is all it takes!
Through education, legislation, and social reform, the Cancer Schmancer Movement will alert our elected officials that the collective female vote is more powerful than that of the richest corporate lobbyist.
Five minutes is all it takes to raise your voice to ensure our government makes early cancer detection a priority.
Join the Cancer Schmancer Movement by going to Cancer Schmancer
Cancer Schmancer Partners with DivineCaroline
Improve Your Mental Performance
One comment on “How You Can Help”
Pingback: Are you a woman who has had cancer? : wbnw1120am.com